NSERC CREATE TRANSIT program is offered to undergraduate and graduate students that area already enrolled in their academic program. There are a limited number of spots every year, so the admission of students needs to restrict to the students with the most fit qualifications to the program.
Students interested to apply need to go through a competitive selection in which their background and current statuses are evaluated by the Program Committee.
It is imperative for any applying candidate to be at least admitted by any of our partner universities.
How to Apply?
The application to TRANSIT program starts with the submission of detailed information about a candidate. Please note that following list contains the items required for the proper evaluation; any missing piece of information might lead the application to be discarded from the process.
- FuLL name;
- Background studies (if any, undergraduate, MSc, and PhD diplomas);
- Affiliation (University, as well as the program, in which the student is currently enrolled);
- Date of your initial enrollement(year/month) in the graduate program;
- Name of the selected Supervisor;
- Amount of a secured matching fund (Supporting letter from your supervisor is needed)
- A Two-pages describing the research activity and prohject that will be undertaken by the candidate and approved by the supervisor
Application Package Submission
In order to apply, candidates must send their application package directly to our Search Committee (applications[AT]createtransit.ca).
As soon as the application is registered, an acknowledgement will be sent to the candidate. Acceptance will be only sent after the entire evaluation process is completed.
Please feel free to contact us
in case you have any inquiry regarding the application process.